Strawberry Breakfast Bread Recipe
Updated: Jun 24, 2019
Start your morning off right with a delicious slice of home-made strawberry bread. Everything you need to make this morning treat can be found below.
1/2 Tablespoon of lemon juice (or vinegar)
1/2 cup of Milk
1/2 cup of White sugar
1/3 cup of Brown sugar
1/2 cup of Vanilla Greek yogurt (plain may also be used)
1/3 cup of cooking oil
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon almond extract
2 cups of flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1.5 cups of chopped strawberries plus 1 T. flour
4 Tablespoons of coarse (large granule) sparkling sugar for topping
Now that you gathered up all of your ingredients, follow the directions below to prepare and bake your delicious breakfast treat.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9" x 5" loaf pan with cooking spray.
Place lemon juice (or vinegar) and milk together in a cup and set aside until it thickens slightly.
2. In a mixer bowl, combine the white sugar and brown sugar with the egg on medium speed until smoothly combined. Add the yogurt, thickened milk mixture (from Step 1), oil, vanilla and almond extracts, mixing well as you add them in.
3. Add the baking soda and salt to the mixture and gently combine on low speed. Mix in the flour on low/medium speed until just well combined.
4. In a bowl, toss the chopped strawberries with the 1T. flour until the fruit is lightly dusted, then gently fold the strawberries into the batter (from step's 2 & 3) with a spoon.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the top of the bread with the coarse sugar, covering the top of the loaf.
6. Place bread in the center of oven. Bake for approximately 60 minutes – check the bread at 40-45 minutes to see if the top is getting brown. If needed, place aluminum foil loosely over top of the bread to prevent it from getting too dark. To check for done-ness, place a toothpick
in the middle of the bread. The toothpick will come out clean (with no batter, etc.) when the bread is done.
7. Remove bread from the oven when done and let cool. Use a knife to gently loosen the bread from around the edges of the pan and carefully remove from pan.
This delicious treat can be enjoyed in a multitude of ways. Here are our favorites!
- Just plain | Cut yourself a slice and eat it plain. The strawberries alone give it a sweet and tangy flavor that will wake you up and get you going in the morning.
- Add Honey | Drizzle some honey on it for some extra sweetness
- With a Cold Twist | Not full from dinner? Cut a slice of strawberry bread and put it in a bowl with a scoop of chocolate or vanilla ice cream (or a scoop of both)!
- Get Creative | Put your own little spin on things and eat it any way you like!